How to ship fragile freight.
Crating will protect your items to an extent, but by following these guidelines and suggestions, you can help your shipment to arrive safe and secure.
- Wrap fragile items, like glass or electronics, separately.
- Keep fragile and non-fragile items separate to minimize damage if there is movement within the crate during transit.
- Pack crates of fragile items as full as possible to avoid extra room that may allow movement during transit.
Shipping fragile items in wood crates.Wood crates can be built to accommodate standard and non-standard freight dimensions giving you a flexible and affordable method to protect fragile items.
Freight crating tips.
- Minimize movement by packing fragile items closely together
- Pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top
- Fill crates to capacity to minimize shifting during transit
- Use packing material to fill excess space within your crate after packing
Ready to ship fragile freight?
Get Your Shipping Quote